Fashion Promotion allows you to create brand campaigns that attract consumers and influencers to brands within the industry. This course will teach you the skills and techniques needed to effectively communicate and market fashion in this fast moving sector.
Life - It’s in the bag
Short promo for Bowden Smith. A short film by Lillie Cooper BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion. Edited by Bethan Roberts. Shot by Billy Skinner
Short promotional film inspired by Tom Ford created by BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion student Esme Fisher.
Find Your Intern
Tube projection billboard for Aldgate east by Jas Mcphee. Winner GFW 2015 New Media Award , app "Find Your Intern"
What Stands Out
All walks beyond the Catwalk founders Erin O'Connor, Debra Bourne and Caryn Franklin hand-picked Rebecca Chambers to receive the Co-Founders Award at Diversity Now Competition 2013. Her short message perfectly summed up the energy of All Walks Beyond the Catwalk. Clara Rose earned a Highly Commended in the Fashion Film Category (Diversity Now Competition 2013) for her video revealing two 'unconventional' models.
All Walks Beyond The Catwalk
Clara Rose earned a Highly Commended in the Fashion Film Category (Diversity Now Competition 2013) for her video revealing two 'unconventional' models.
GIRLS X JUICEBOX MAGAZINE
Juicebox AW 15/16, ‘girls’ issue "Gender is socially instilled rather than biologically determined. Gender is a social construct. Construct doesn’t mean fantasy. It doesn’t mean “made up” or imagined. Constructed means artificial, the opposite of “natural”, not the opposite of “real”. This artifice comes with systems of expectations and obligations. There is no need for anyone to oblige." Juicebox is a publication created by Fashion Promotion students reflecting not only what is happening at Ravensbourne but in London.
The Cut Above
This course will give you the essential skills that you need to build, promote and maintain dynamic fashion brands. Our students develop their voice over a number of digital platforms including film, magazines and social media. As well as working individually, we aim for our students to participate in the industry and link with other live campaigns. The course is delivered through a combination of practice and theory-based learning. Teaching staff and visiting professionals from the fashion promotion industry support you and help you to make decisions about your future in the sector.
Fashion promoters often work as brand managers, campaign managers, art directors, advertising and promotion managers, fashion photographers, writers and social media experts within the fashion industry.
The external examiner’s 2015 report on the course remarked on the:
- The course is producing multi-taskers and highly capable professional students.
- The blend of practicality and creativity is worthy of mention....and the breadth of knowledge and experience of the permanent and visiting staff team is very unique.
- The focus on entrepreneurial skills and divergent thinking is clear to see and the team are continuing to nurture employable and relevant graduates.
- Assessments are consistently appropriate and certainly correct for the level of study.
- Students have been carefully guided in the production of engaging and innovative portfolios, which are well edited and executed. The work feels "industry ready" and the inclusion from national competitions is commendable.
- Great care and attention is clearly made to ensure that the effective and intelligent management of the assessment and feedback system is administered with care and professionalism.
- Briefs and project communication channels are clearly communicated with a wealth of support provided both in class and online. The lengths to which the programme leader goes to provide this quality of resources for the students is remarkable.
Successes and awards
All Walks beyond the catwalk Finalist 2015
Alisa Milchevskaya - 3rd year BA (Hons) Fashion Promotion student
Juicebox is a publication created by fashion promotion students reflecting not only what is happening at Ravensbourne but in London.