Board of Governors
Ravensbourne is an independent corporation, established as a Higher Education Corporation under the terms of the Education Reform Act 1988 and the Further and Higher Education Act 1992.
The powers of the Higher Education Corporation, as defined in sub-section 124(1) of the Education Act 1988, are
- to provide higher education;
- to provide further education;
- to carry out research and to publish the results of the research or any other material arising out of or connected with it in such manner as the corporation shall see fit.
The Board of Governors is responsible for the determination of the educational character and mission of Ravensbourne and for the oversight of its activities. It has a key role in ensuring the efficient use of resources and the solvency of the institution. Members ensure compliance with the statutes governing the Institution and have an important role in monitoring Ravensbourne’s performance against its strategic plan. The Board approves annual estimates of income and expenditure and sets the framework for the pay and conditions of service of all staff.
We are currently looking for a Chair of the Board of Governors to start in September 2019. Please click here for more information or to apply.
- Ravensbourne Articles Of Government
- Ravensbourne Instrument Of Government
- Board of Governors Statement of Responsibilities