Schools and Outreach
Information for schools and colleges
We offer a range of activities giving learners of all ages an insight into studying art & design and media related courses at University. Our activities include:
- UCAS Support – workshops on writing your personal statement, portfolio and showreel surgeries and preparing for interview.
- Taster Days
- Holiday Schools
- Saturday Schools – in partnership with The Saturday Club Trust – in Art & Design, Fashion Business and Science & Engineering.
To book one of our activities for your school or college fill out our enquiry form and we'll get back to you.
Every year we attend a number of UCAS conventions and also school and college HE and Careers Fairs across London and the South East.
If you are planning to hold an HE or Careers Fair in your school or college, which you would like us to attend, please submit your request here.
HE & Careers Talks
Ravensbourne can visit your school or college to deliver a talk on HE and careers opportunities in the creative industries, or we can offer you a talk at Ravensbourne followed by a tour of our facilities.
We can give advice and support to students that are considering applying for Higher Education courses in Design and Media.
Presentations can be about:
- An overview of Ravensbourne and the courses we offer
- Creative arts education and careers
- Personal Statement advice
- Advice for preparing for your interview
- Portfolio and Showreel support
- Subject specific talks
These workshops are aimed towards students in Years 9 – 13 (including Access courses) who are thinking about higher education and looking to study at Ravensbourne.
If you would like to organise a talk for your students please submit your request here.
Taster days and holiday schools
Our taster days are an opportunity to work with our academic staff and students to learn practical and digital skills.
They are a great way to get a feel for studying a creative subject at university, and experience the state of the art studios, workshops and facilities that we have to offer at Ravensbourne.
Request a taster day here.
We run three Saturday Clubs in partnership with The Saturday Club Trust; in Art & Design, Fashion Business and Science & Engineering, for young people aged 14 and above.
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ravensbourne’s information pack for teachers and careers advisors includes:
- Information on joining the Progression Scheme
- A guide to writing your personal statement
- Getting your showreel ready for interview
- Getting your portfolio ready for interview
- A copy of Ravensbourne’s prospectus
To request a pack please email email@example.com