How to Apply
Ravensbourne offers everything you could want from your design or media course, whether at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
International students have always had a strong presence at Ravensbourne - last years' undergraduates came from 94 different countries - and each year we hope to welcome many more.
To become one of these students, you will first need to find the right course for you, check our international entry requirements, English language requirements, review the fees and look at the scholarships available. You will also need to research whether you will need a study visa for the UK, known as a Tier 4 student visa.
You will then need to submit your application (including your portfolio and personal statement) by the required deadlines. If you meet the initial requirements you will be invited to interview either in person - if you're already in the UK - or via Skype. You can find all the information you need to submit your application below.
Before you apply
Before you apply, here are some things you can do to make sure that you have all the information you need.
- Research Ravensbourne's courses to find the one that's the best fit for your future
- Check if you need a Tier 4 student visa to study in the UK and make a note of the deadline for its application
- Check the entry requirements for your chosen course. Note that the academic qualifications can differ from course to course so be sure to look at the relevant section for the exact course you are applying for
- Search our online international qualifications guide to compare your international qualifications with UK equivalents
- Check the fees and costs for your course
- Review the scholarship information to see what funding opportunities are available
- If you are under 18, make sure that your parent or guardian is happy to sign the consent form and provide us with details of a UK based guardian
Submitting your application
Start your application as early as possible by visiting our online application portal. Your online application will ask you to attach the following documents for review:
- personal statement
- portfolio or showreel (this depends on which course you are applying for, more information here)
- evidence of your relevant qualifications
- your passport (photo page)
- 2 references
- any relevant scholarship information (if you have been awarded an external scholarship)
Be sure to answer every question on the application form with as much detail as possible, so that our admissions officers can review your application.
After you submit your application
Your application will be checked to verify that you have submitted all the required documents as well as your portfolio/showreel. If your application is successful at this stage, you will be sent a message via the online portal inviting you to an academic and a Tier 4 assessment interview (these may be held together or separately). If you are in the UK these will be in person, and if you are outside the UK they will take place via Skype.
Please note that all communication from Ravensbourne will be sent via the online portal, so please remember to check your account regularly.
You can expect to receive an outcome of your application within 5 working days of your assessment interviews.
We give equal consideration to all applications received by the appropriate deadline.