Defer a previous loan

If you are taking US student loans at Ravensbourne, we will report your enrolment so that repayment of any previous US student loans can be deferred.

If you are not taking US student loans whilst at Ravensbourne, please email the [email protected] to ask us to report your enrolment. You will need to provide your Social Security Number and date of birth so that we can add your details to the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS), which is used by most guaranty agencies and Federal loan servicers, as well as the US Department of Education, to check student enrolment information. Enrolment information is sent to loan servicers with NSLDS access on a weekly basis.

We will only complete paper deferment forms for federal loans students in exceptional circumstances. To complete paper deferment forms for federal loans students, we require written confirmation from the lender that they are not registered to use NSLDS.