Please arrange repayment of federal loans directly through your loan servicer.

You can check who your loan servicer is on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS). You should always keep in contact with your loan servicer to make sure that you are up-to-date with loan repayment information.

It is your responsibility to:

  • Notify your loan servicer of anything that affects your ability to repay your loan
  • Notify your loan servicer of any changes in your status, including graduation, and any changes to your name, address, or telephone number
  • Notify your loan servicer if you fail to enrol for the period covered by your loan
  • Notify your loan servicer and the College of any change in your address.

You can also make an early repayment directly to your loan servicer. If you make a repayment within 120 days of loan disbursement, then your lender will treat this as a partial or full cancellation, with the appropriate adjustment of the loan fee and interest.

Your student loan must be repaid – you will risk going into default if you do not make your loan payments as required by your loan servicer. Federal student aid offers full guidance on understanding default. Our loan types and loan amounts pages provide some information on how repayment works and when you should expect repayments to start for the different loan types. You may also find the federal student aid website useful.