Terms and Conditions
This website www.ravensbourne.ac.uk (the "Site") is provided by Ravensbourne. Use of the Site is governed by these terms and conditions (together with the documents referred to on it - "Terms and Conditions").
By using the Site you indicate that you accept the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to abide by them. If you are not willing to accept these Terms and Conditions you may not use the Site.
Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on the Site without notice.
From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to users who have registered with us.
The Site and its contents are for general information only and are provided "as is". We make no warranties, representations or undertakings about:
- any of the content of the Site (including, without limitation, any as to the quality, accuracy, completeness or fitness for any particular purpose of such content); or
- any content of any other third party website referred to or accessed by hypertext link or any other way through the Site.
We make no guarantees that the Site is free from so called computer viruses. It is strongly recommended that you check for such viruses before downloading it or its contents.
Links to third party websites are for your convenience only. Such websites are operated and controlled by third parties and their inclusion does not imply any endorsement or approval by Ravensbourne of the materials on such websites.
Ravensbourne accepts no liability for any claims, penalties, loss or expenses arising from: any reliance placed on the content of the Site; the use or inability to use the Site; the downloading of any materials from the Site; or any unauthorised access to or alteration of the Site.
The content of the Site (including, but not limited to all text and artwork) is protected by copyright. The copyright is owned by Ravensbourne or is otherwise licensed from a third party for use by Ravensbourne.
You may view or download any part of the Site for private purposes, but you are not permitted, without our permission, to:
- store the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- print copies of the Site, or any part of the Site, for any other purpose;
- reproduce, copy or transmit the Site, or any part of the Site, in any way, for any other purpose or in any other medium.
All other rights which are not specifically granted are reserved.
By using the Site you consent to the collection/retention and use of your personal information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect from you
We collect information about you:
- when you provide us with your personal details (such as your name, contact details, e-mail address etc) by registering with us, submitting an enquiry or booking a place at an event via the Site.
- when you respond to surveys which we ask you to complete for research purposes.
- from your usage of the Site and any other information you post on the site, e-mail or otherwise send to us.
Use of your information
We use your information:
- to enable us to supply you with the goods, services or information that you have requested.
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support and improve and develop the Site.
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may contact you by post, telephone or fax as well as by e-mail and SMS. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future by any of these means then please let us know.
Storage of your information
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Some areas of the Site use third-party software facilities such as PayPal. Please note that, data storage on PayPal systems, and the communication between PayPal and the worldwide banking networks, is regularly audited by the banking authorities to ensure a secure transaction environment. They also ensure that they stay up-to-date with the latest versions of any third-party code used, and continually review their own proprietary code.
Disclosure of your information
Authorised personnel within Ravensbourne will be able to access the information you provide to us. We may also disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
Unless required or permitted do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type. This information is statistical data about users' browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. It is used to inform improvements to the website, for system administration, and to report aggregate information to third parties.
For the same reasons, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. We use this information to track your movements through the Site, to find out how the Site is being used and to assess its usefulness. Personal information about you is not collected during the tracking process.
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage.
Please help us keep our records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
We may amend this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on the Site.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we charge a small fee. Please see FOI.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any queries concerning your personal information or any questions on our use of the information then please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Publishing through the Site
If you wish to publish through the Site, please be aware that other terms and conditions in addition to the Terms and Conditions may apply.
Uploading material to the Site
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Site any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
You may not misuse the Site (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We have the right to remove any material or posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, such material does not comply with the provisions set out above or for any other reason whatsoever. In addition, we shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of the provisions set out above.
Ravensbourne reserves the right to amend or replace the Terms and Conditions at any time. If we make any substantial changes we will post a prominent notice on the Site.
The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of England and any disputes that may arise will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
For all website enquiries please contact the webmaster.
Thank you for visiting the Site.