The Student Services team are the central point of contact for students who wish to discuss any requirements in relation to a disability.
Individual requirements will be varied, but may include some or all of the following examples:
- Provision of a confidential advice and information service
- Liaison with any external support agencies
- Discuss physical access requirements, which can include adjustments to student accommodation
- Co-ordinating the provision of equipment where appropriate
- Co-ordinating provision of auxiliary services e.g. mobility assistance, emergency community call-out services
- Providing assistance with applications for Disabled Student Allowance either through Student Finance or organising Needs Assessments.
- Co-ordinating arrangements and providing access to additional learning support, e.g. scribes, communicators, dyslexia tutors, additional time in exams and so on.
If you have not already done so, you can declare a disability at any time during your course. We would advise you to do this as early as possible, to ensure that the Student Services team has the best opportunity to arrange and co-ordinate any support requirements you may have.
If you would like to know more about Student Services policies and procedures relating to supporting disabled students, please see the pages below
- Disabled Student's Allowance
- Admission process for disabled students
- Sharing information about disabled students
For enquiries or appointments with the Student Support team, contact us via the information desk on level 4, call 0203 040 3501 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, we run a Health and Wellbeing drop-in service between 12-1pm Monday to Friday during term time.