Undergraduate tuition fees

Tuition fees

While at university or college you'll have two main costs - tuition fees and living costs.

The main types of finance are tuition fees and maintenance loans (which will have to be paid back) and grants and bursaries (which do not have to be paid back).

Undergraduate: BA/BSc (Hons) Degrees

Home and EU students 

Commencing 2020/21 academic year: £9,250

New international Tier 4 Visa students 

Commencing 2020/21 academic year: £14,900                                      

New international (Non Tier 4 visa) students 

Commencing 2020/21 academic year: £10,800



International students making full payment of the above fee by 1 August in the year of entry 5.0%

International progressing from FE to HE - the cost of the foundation diploma course will be reimbursed over the three years of an undergraduate course. The discount applies for the three years of the undergraduate course and will not be applied to any repeat years.

Please note: Fees may be subject to increase in subsequent years of your course, by less than or equal to any increase in the retail pricing index (RPI-X) up to the maximum fee cap as determined by law or government policy.

Home & EU students please note:

  • Students may pay fees to us directly or by applying for a tuition fee loan (see below).
  • Where students are paying fees directly to Ravensbourne, tuition fees are due in full at the start of the academic year, or subject to the agreement of the finance office may be paid in instalments.

International students please note:

  • International Learners requiring a CAS letter to obtain a Tier 4 visa will be required to make a deposit payment of £5,000 and arrange payment of the balance on or prior to enrolment or by 1 August for the 5.0% discount to apply.
  • Tuition fees are due in full at the start the academic year or subject to the agreement of the finance office. For those not requiring a visa to study in the UK these may be paid in instalments.
  • Instalment options are not available to international students who require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.

Tuition Fee Loans from Student Finance England (SFE)

New students going to university or college in 2020/21 can apply for their student finance now. 

New students should follow these three easy steps to make sure they get their money in time for the start of their course.

1. Visit the SFE student finance zone
Before they apply, students should look at the range of resources SFE have on their student finance zone to find out what they can get and how to apply.

2. Register online
The quickest and easiest way to apply is online at www.gov.uk/studentfinance.

3. Fill in the application
Students don’t need a confirmed place at university. They can use their preferred choice of course and simply update the details online if they need to.

Continuing students

Continuing students will be contacted by SFE to prompt them to apply in due course. 

Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ) Information

The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) no longer provides funding to Higher Education Institutions to teach students who are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to, or lower than, a qualification which they have already achieved.

Please note that public funding for courses will not be available to the following categories of students:

  • Those classified as either Home, EU or Islands for tuition fee purposes wishing to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate (taught) programme of study which leads to the award at an equivalent or lower level than a qualification already held.
  • To determine if you are within the ELQ category, please compare the highest qualification you currently hold against the qualification you are applying to study for, noting that if you have studied for, but neither completed nor gained the award for which you were registered, then such study is not relevant for the purposes of ELQ classification.


If you fall into any of the following categories, ELQ classification does not apply:

  • You are classified as 'Overseas' or 'Tier 4' for tuition fee purposes
  • The qualification for which you wish to study is a Foundation degree
  • You are in receipt of the Disabled Student's Allowance (DSA)
  • You are on a full-time undergraduate course which leads on successful completion, to registration with the Architects Registration Board (ARB)