Interview and portfolio
All BSc (Hons) Broadcast courses
Instead of a portfolio, candidates who are interviewed for any of the BSc Broadcast Technology courses are required to undertake a written technical assessment as part of the interview process.
BA (Hons) Digital Film Production
- Candidates will need to bring a showreel around 2 minutes in length on a hard drive or accessible online. not on CD/DVD please
- If possible, films featured in the showreel should be made accessible in full either online or on a memory stick/hard-drive.
- If you don't have any films at this stage, please bring a portfolio of your other work for us to look through along with scripts, storyboards or any other relevant material(s).
BA (Hons) Digital Television Production
- An engaging showreel with a duration of 2-4 minutes that contains your skills and work. Please only include your best work.
- If you have any materials such as mood boards, drawings or scripts that you made, please bring these along if you want to display them.
- If you are particularly interested in TV sound bring along some audio work.
- Photographs are acceptable if you want to display your lighting work or skills in framing and composition.
- At interview you will be asked what you did specifically on the content that you show.
- It is beneficial if you show a passion for the television industry and can exhibit material that has been made by you outside of what is required for your formal studies.
BA (Hons) Editing and Post Production
- Please bring a showreel of your best work.
- It should run around 2 minutes and show a variety genres (hard drive/memory stick, online etc - but not DVD please)
- Please also bring two or more entire projects you have edited.