Ravensbourne University London
Covid-19 update Courses Apply now

Postgraduate tuition fees

2017/18 tuition fee and funding information

While studying for a Masters you'll have two main costs - tuition fees and living costs.

There are two types of funding, loans (which have to be paid back) and scholarships and bursaries (which do not have to be paid back).

Postgraduate fees

Fee 2017/18

Home & EU students


International students


International mobility scheme for students born in:

Ghana, India, Bangladesh, Brazil, Kenya, Mexico, Mauritius, Nepal, Colombia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Philippines, Tanzania, Thailand and Vietnam

Please contact the international team for fee information: international@rave.ac.uk



 Discount amount

Continuing international students

Full payment by 1 September 2017


New international students*

Full payment by 1 August 2017


Home & EU progressing from HE to PG



Please note:

  • Where students are paying fees directly to Ravensbourne, tuition fees are due in full at the start the academic year or, subject to the agreement of the finance office, may be paid in instalments and will require the completion of a  Direct Debit Mandate and Application Form.

  • Instalments options are not available to international students who require a Tier 4 visa to study in the UK.

  • International students requiring a CAS letter to obtain a visa to study in the UK are required to pay a deposit of £6,750 to secure a place and the remaining balance on or before to enrolment.

  • Pay to Study offer a fast and secure way for international students to send payments globally at no cost to the payer or the payee. For more information visit  Student fees website

  • Fees are payable on enrolment (or in the case of an international student claiming a discount by the date shown above), alternatively fees may be paid by instalments.

  • Part-time fees apply to each year of the two year course and are subject to increase for subsequent years

Equivalent or Lower Qualification (ELQ) Information

The Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) no longer provides funding to Higher Education Institutions to teach students who are studying for a qualification that is equivalent to, or lower than, a qualification which they have already achieved.

Please note that public funding for courses will not be available to the following categories of students:

  • Those classified as either Home, EU or Islands for tuition fee purposes wishing to undertake an undergraduate or postgraduate (taught) programme of study which leads to the award at an equivalent or lower level than a qualification already held.
  • To determine if you are within the ELQ category, please compare the highest qualification you currently hold against the qualification you are applying to study for, noting that if you have studied for, but neither completed nor gained the award for which you were registered, then such study is not relevant for the purposes of ELQ classification.


If you fall into any of the following categories, ELQ classification does not apply:

  • You are classified as 'Overseas' or 'Tier 4' for tuition fee purposes
  • The qualification for which you wish to study is a Foundation degree
  • You are in receipt of the Disabled Student's Allowance (DSA)
  • You are on a full-time undergraduate course which leads on successful completion, to registration with the Architects Registration Board (ARB)

Amazing things happen here