Express your individual voice by developing your songwriting skills. Whether you've written albums or are yet to finish your first song, this practical course will help you on your writing journey. This course forms an introduction to songwriting, with a particular focus on commercial writing. You'll gain the opportunity to embrace a wide range of styles, as well as the chance to learn about your craft and the fundamentals of the music business in a focused but fun way.
- Listening to and discussing popular songs - what makes a 'good' song?
- Discussing melody, harmony and rhythm
- Learning what makes a 'good' song lyrically
- Finding out how you can record your songs
- Exploring how to write an effective melody
- How to identify who you are writing for and what they are looking for in a good song
- How to express your individual voice
- How to have your work recorded professionally
- How to start earning royalties from commercially released songs
- Songwriting music business fundamentals
On completion of this course you will have gained the skills to write an effective melody and express your individual voice. You'll be able to identify who you are writing for and what they are looking for in a good song. You'll also have developed your knowledge of the business side of music, including how to have your work recorded professionally and how to start earning royalties from commercially released songs.
What you need to bring
Notebook and pen. You are also welcome to bring a musical instrument and any recordings of your work
Thursdays, 18:30 - 20:30
27 April - 15 June
£320 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org