What is the role and purpose of a trend forecaster? Where do the colours of each season come from? Who decides what will be the key silhouettes? And how do fashion companies find out what their consumers really want?
All these key questions, plus more, will be answered in this part lecture/part workshop course. Throughout the course, you'll gain the skills and knowledge to understand the importance of fashion trend forecasting - how it fits within the fashion calendar, where research comes from, influencing factors from outside the fashion industry and above all, confidence in how to predict and plan ahead.
- The role of a trend forecaster
- The difference between macro and micro trends
- Balancing design instinct and researched analysis
- Learning where colour trends come from, colour relationships and how a brand builds a colour palette
- How designers and brands work with forecasting information/companies
- A case study of a recently emerged trend, looking at the history, present day and potential evolution
On completion of this course, you will have learned what the role of a trend forecaster is and the tools and resources, both from inside and outside the fashion industry, that are used to research and identify trends. You will understand the difference between macro and micro trends, how they fit within the fashion calendar and how to interpret trend analysis into future products.
What you need to bring
A notebook and pen A laptop (not needed for all sessions)
Wednesdays, 17:30 - 20:30
£320 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on email@example.com