Wanting to explore your creative side and learn how to make your own clothing? This hands-on, fun course is perfect for beginners who are looking to develop sewing skills, learn more about machine sewing on a professional-standard machine and produce simple garments. During the course, you'll be introduced to the basics of machine sewing and build your skills and confidence in working with professional-standard equipment.
- Making a garment
- Adhering to basic health and safety rules when using a sewing maching
- Threading an industrial sewing maching
- Stitching various seams, including open, french, flat fell seams on straight and curved edges
- Learning simple finishing techniques, including overlocking, hemming and binding on straight and curved edges
- Professional pressing techiques to enhance the final finish
On completion of this course, you will have gained enough confidence to work independently on a sewing machine. You will also have the knowledge to choose and apply the best suitable seam, according to a garment's requirement. In addition to producing basic sewing samples, you'll be able to make a basic garment.
What you need to bring
Fabric scissors, measuring tape, pins, thread snip, thread, unpicker, industrial bobbins and cases, A4 display book (to file your work), pencil and notepad
£635 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org