Fashion product development
An introduction into the world of fashion product development; touching on all key elements of product development from the initial design concept through to the finished product. This course will focus on both the creative and technical sides of product development. During the course you will develop concepts and mood boards and will examine fabric selection, range planning, costings and factory allocation.
This course is ideal if you're already working in the industry and looking to gain a better understanding of product development, or if you're looking to pursue a career in fashion.
This course will be an interactive and practical work-based course. 1 hour of each lecture will be focused on direct learning the other hour will be interactive learning and practical work. Working on an initial brief, which students will complete during the course and present at the end.
- Introduction to fashion product development and your initial brief
- Research; discussing the processes for research and how to present this through concept/theme, mood boards, colour palette
- Costings and Range planning; a brief look at costing’s, margins, pricing hierarchy and research on competitors when building a range plan
- Fabric sourcing; Agents, fabric fairs, minimums, fabric lead times and issues - Factory allocation; In house sampling VS factory sampling and production. Prototypes, fittings, quality control. UK manufacturer VS overseas manufactures
- Final Presentation of brief presented to peers and tutor - This course will be an interactive and practically based.
On completion of this course, you will have developed a good understanding of the product development cycle, from the initial concept to the finished product.
What you need to bring
Note book, sketchbook, pens and pencils. Personal computers laptops or tablets if students would like to use them for taking notes and researching
£320 (inc VAT)
Please contact us on email@example.com