If you are planning a career in fashion design and wonder if you have what it takes, this hands-on introductory course is perfect for you.
We will take you step-be-step through the complete design process and encourage you to think independently. Starting with a project brief, you will be guided to find inspiration, develop a concept and successfully translate it into a fashion idea. You will be introduced to 3D design development while experimenting on a stand and you will have the chance to learn the basics theory of pattern cutting.
At the end of the course you will have produced a vibrant body of 2D work which you will present creatively in a form of a designer’s journal.
You can look through the fashion design lookbook for 2017 here.
- Project briefing - finding inspiration, identifying your concept and fashion market
- Forward thinking research methods
- Colour, texture and concept mood boards
- 2D & 3D design development exercises
- Fabric and garment exploration
- Basic pattern cutting demonstration
- Finalising of design ideas
- Presentation of the concept and one final design through illustration
On completion of this course you will have developed a strong understanding of the design process in fashion. You will have gained the news skills that are essential to develop and convey fashion ideas. You will have explored various research techniques and design development method and gained a basic theory of garment construction and learn about proportions. You will also have learned how to present and showcase your final designs and concept.
What you need to bring
To be advised
Saturdays, 10:00 - 13:00
£400 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on email@example.com