Draping: advanced pattern cutting
Get creative with fabric and expand your flat pattern cutting skills on this advanced-level course. You will get to fully express your creative skills through the 3D draping of a garment shapes, whether structured dresses, fluid tops or soft tailored pieces. You will also explore new ways to get a desired look; and once you've achieved this, you'll learn how to dismantle it from the stand and develop it through several processes to produce a well-fitted, finished pattern, ready for production.
This practical, hands-on course is designed for those wishing to expand their creative skills in pattern making, as well as fashion designers wanting to explore their creativity.
- Learning how to achieve a style, through draping
- Draping your own version from a choice of two garments
- Marking your drape effectively to translate onto paper
- Translating your draped toile into a draft pattern
- Cutting and making a full toile, thereby testing your draft pattern
- Fitting your toile and understanding which parts are working well
- Amending the draft pattern and producing a final formal pattern
On completing this course, you will have been introduced to new techniques to realise seemingly complicated garments and have learned how to get 'messy' with fabric. You'll have a greater understanding of developing non-logical draft patterns and what does and doesn't work - and why. You'll also have learned the skills to develop a clean finished pattern, ready for production.
What you need to bring
Your pattern cutting equipment (including paper and fabric shears, thread snips, notchers, drills, tracing wheels, scotch tape, pattern squares/masters), pattern blocks, if you have any, notebook and pen.
£295 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on email@example.com