Innovators are not born, they are made. The big question is HOW? How do you innovate? This course aims to do exactly that; it will help you build your creative confidence and give you the chance practice in design thinking skills and tools in the safe environment of the learning space. It will get you ready to use the process of Design Thinking Innovation and the mindset of a problem solver in your daily life and work.
This course blends theory with a hands-on practical approach. You will experience methods and use the essential tools of design thinking process, including interviewing for empathy, observation mapping, visualisation, making sense of data, defining/reframing problem statements, customer journey mapping, persona profiling, idea generation techniques, creative selection criteria, prototyping, testing, give and receive feedback, storytelling structures and many more.
- Understanding your own mindset and attitude to risk and failure. You'll also explore ways how to develop creative confidence in yourself and your fellow participants.
- Taking a human-centred approach to innovation and problem solving.
- Learning the key stages in the design thinking process, key methods and tools for each stage
- Applying and practising design thinking methods - and applying to a real challenge.
- Embracing experimentation and learning how to take measured risks by using experimentation to fail fast and cheaply. You'll also develop feedback tools
- Facilitating collaboration and innovation. You'll leverage diverse skills and roles of your fellow participants, encouraging participation and creativity in a nourishing environment for sharing and learning from successes, mistakes and failures
- Taking a great idea through to the implementation of an innovative solution
- Telling the story for impact and creating story structures to inspire and gather support.
On completion of this course you will have gained an understanding of your own mindset and adopting a Design Thinking mindset. You will be able to apply design thinking as a mindset and process in your work and life after the course.
What you need to bring
A laptop and notepad/pen
Coming in Summer 2017
£330 (inc. VAT)
About your tutor: Dr Julia Goga-Cooke
Dr Julia Goga-Cooke is an academic, journalist, innovation architect and entrepreneur. Julia leads Gconsultancy Innovation, an IOEE Academy of Design Thinking and Entrepreneurship, helping companies innovate and grow. After a career in academia and UN, Julia served at the BBC for 16 years in various on air and senior editorial and leadership positions. In 2009 she co-founded the Future of Work Research Consortium which brought together academics and business executives from more than 80 global corporations. She has a PhD in linguistics. She is a public speaker and publishes the weekly zine Inspire to Innovate.
Please contact us on email@example.com