Building an internet of things
Gain the skills and confidence to start your own connected product (internet of things) business. This intensive course will take you step-by-step through the process of setting up a business in the UK. This includes learning about user-research and market analysis phase, developing a physical product, making the right technology choices, supply chain design, managing risks and production issues.
- User-research and market analysis phase.
- What the market trends are in this space at the time of teaching.
- Understanding the process of developing a physical product at scale and the costs of manufacturing in the UK or abroad.
- Developing your understanding of the numerous technology choices you might have (hardware, software, wireless communications) and costs of prototyping and manufacturing.
- Supply chain design, how you manage risks and timelines on production and the cost implications of mistakes.
- Learning the practicalities of setting up a business in the UK, taxes, export. We will also talk about building teams, partnerships and investment options from crowdfunding to venture capital.
Soft: - An understanding of the different aspects of a connected product you have to consider - An understanding of the conditions for success in building a connected product - An understanding of how to get started practically. - Learn about a new network of potential partners and companies. Hard: - A Gantt chart describing the production process of your first batch of connected products. - A list of potential partners you will collaborate with. - A video explaining to an investor what your product is about - 5 year financial plan for potential investors - Bill of Materials (BoM) to help your manufacturing partners.
What you need to bring
A laptop, a camera (high resolution mobile phone camera is ok), a Google email account.
£625 (inc. VAT)
Please contact us on email@example.com