Love your old clothes again!
With fashion being very repetitive and designs made in huge quantities, this course teaches you to create trendy but unique pieces to suit your personal style, turning something old into new. Taught in an enthusiastic and relaxed manner by an industry-practising tutor.
The course is designed to introduce learners at any level to fashion customisation. It will give you a good understanding of what it means to customise a garment and have fun while doing it, providing also ideas to apply at home with other garments. This will include learning small and quick foundations of pattern making, adding additional functions to a ready made garment and alterations as needed.
Learners must bring some clothes they wish to customise, ideally nothing too precious for learning purposes. Other preparations include bringing their own trimmings i.e buttons, zippers and fabric.
- How to improve and alter a ready made garment style to your personal preference
- How to create a basic pattern for components such as pockets, pocket bags, sleeve cuffs and hems
- Adding trimmings and functions to the garment
- Adjusting volume, length and changing the silhouette of the garment
- Merging new and different textured fabrics to the garment
Learners are not required to have any previous skills, but enthusiasm and keen to learn. YOU HAVE TO BE AGED 19+ to study with us.
This course will be taught at RAVENSBOURNE.
Learners are not required to have any previous skills but some basic sawing will be needed. You have to be aged 19 + to study with us.
Basic computer skills
Course start dates
Sat 17 Mar 2018
10:00 - 14:30
Course end dates
Sat 24 Mar 2018
10:00 - 14:30
No of course weeks running