Ravensbourne ranks among the best in animation
We have been ranked as one of the top institutions in the UK for our BA (Hons) Animation degree programme by Animation Career Review.
The Animation Career Review, is a respected US-centric online site dedicated to 'aspiring animation, design, and gaming professionals' needing career, training, and industry information.
Every year they provide a Top 100 International Animation Schools listing with the intention to 'give students access to ample information so they can make an informed decision about the school they choose to attend and the program they pursue.'
Over 100 animation schools were surveyed around the world and had to meet the following criteria:
- Overall quality of program including technology and facilities available to students.
- Consistency and quality of student and graduate animation works.
- Geographic advantages derived from the school being located near animation employment hotspots.
- Reputation of program within the industry.
- Tuition and overall cost of attendance, while taken into consideration, are not a major influence in this ranking.
It was noted that Ravensbourne's animation students have access to lectures from notable players in industry such as Aardman, Dneg, Framestore, The Third Floor and Studio aka.
Other UK institutions that ranked in the 2015 Top 100 International Animation Schools listing were Escape Studios, SAE Institute London, Southampton Solent University, University of Hertfordshire, University of West England.