BFI London Film Festival
The Festival will screen a total of 234 fiction and documentary features, including 22 World Premieres, 16 International Premieres, 29 European Premieres and 20 Archive films. There will also be screenings of 134 live action and animated shorts.
A stellar line-up of directors, cast and crew are expected to take part in career interviews, master classes and other special events.
Festival volunteers assist with event set-up and stewarding across all festival venues, as well as daily operations in the Delegate Centre and offices at BFI Southbank.
Excellent communication skills, a friendly manner and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels are required, and prior event or admin experience is a bonus. Volunteers are based at BFISouthbank and receive a travel/food allowance and limited access to festival screenings. They attend a pre-festival meeting and volunteer for at least 4 half days.
To apply, students email CV and cover note detailing their availability during Oct and why they are interested in volunteering for the
- Public programme email@example.com (deadline 17:00, Fri 27 Sept), or
- Education programme firstname.lastname@example.org (deadline 17:00, Thurs 3 Oct)
· LFF Press screenings prior to the festival (subject to availability).
· LFF Press and Industry screenings (subject to availability) and selected Industry eventsduring the festival.
· LFF Education morning screenings and events during the festival.
Application is only via course tutor or college administrative staff on behalf of participating students (the festival requires a full list of student names + labelled jpeg headshots) and the LFF will invoice the college for the full amount.
Each student will have a delegate bag + badge with name and photo; these are collected from the LFF Press desk or can be sent to colleges by arrangement.
Reduced rate tickets and free education screenings
· There are no reduced ticket prices for individual or groups of students, but concessionary rates apply to weekday matinees. Booking opens Fri 20 Sept.
· Film screenings showing as part of the festival’s Education programme are free and can be booked individually or via colleges (ID required). Booking opens Thurs 5 Sept.