Professional Experience Development Record
To register as an architect in the UK you are required to attain Architects’ Registration Board (ARB) endorsed or prescribed qualifications at Parts 1, 2 and 3 of the architectural education sequence, as well as twenty-four months of officially logged suitable work experience, a minimum of twelve months of which must be post-Part 2 (see ARB website www.arb.org.uk under Qualifications/Practical Training Requirements).
PEDR 1 provides you with this record of the first twelve months experience (normally undertaken after the undergraduate degree) required to enrol on a Part 3 programme. PEDR 2 provides you the record of the second twelve months experience (undertaken after the postgraduate degree) required to take the ARB Part 3 exam in architecture and to register as an architect in the UK.
The log is digital and you register on it via the RIBA PEDR website www.pedr.co.uk. It is monitored and must be endorsed every three months by both a suitable representative in the practice you work for (the office mentor) and by your Professional Studies Advisor (PSA), in accordance with the guidelines on the PEDR website. Ravensbourne provides this PSA service, and you can subscribe to it here.
Please note that each quarterly log:
- must be submitted to the office monitor and the PSA within two months of the completion of that quarter (ie 5 month max backlog on registering with PEDR)
- can only record a minimum of three months with a single employer
- can each be with different employers (eg three months with employer 1, the next three months with employer 2, etc)
- is not time dependant (ie, you can start the process anytime when you start work, and you can interrupt it at three month intervals, eg if you want to take a break between employers, and/or do the twelve months over two years with gaps)
Please address any queries to email@example.com
To initiate the recording of your experience please do the following:
- when you start work or if you have already started, register on the RIBA website www.pedr.co.uk
- nominate your office mentor (read the PEDR guidelines as to who qualifies to do this – it can be an architect external to the office for example)
- subscribe to the Ravensbourne PEDR PSA service below, either for PEDR 1 or PEDR 2
Fee – PEDR 1 (covers the first four quarterly log submissions – not time dependant)
Fee – PEDR 2 (covers the last four quarterly log submissions - only subscribe to this if you have completed PEDR 1)