Ravensbourne and the International 3D and Advanced Imaging Society announce the initial line up of speakers for the two-day event that will highlight the creative teams behind the best 3D film & TV programmes of the past year including Amélie director Jean-Pierre Jenuet, and Hugo Stereographer Demetri Portelli who will present a Q&A on The Young and Prodigious T.S. Spivet, offering UK audience’s a first chance to see footage of the film.
In addition, Stereo Supervisor Chris Parks will present a showcase of the Academy Award and BAFTA nominated film Gravity, and with UK premiers; Russia’s highest grossing local film Stalingrad by Steve Schklair and Cathedrals of Culture with Stereographer Josephine DeRobe.
Funded by Creative Skillset and sponsored by an impressive array of the UK’s top film and TV players including Sky 3D, SGO and ONSIGHT the 3D Creative Summit will feature top experts to discuss and debate issues and opportunities in 3D film making from the past year.
Sky’s 3D technical advisor and Chief Engineer, Chris Johns commented: “From the award winning Leonardo to David Attenborough’s Natural History Museum Alive in 2013, it was another exciting, ambitious year for Sky 3D so we’re thrilled to be returning to support the Summit and look forward to sharing our latest 3D experiences and learning from the creative minds breaking new ground in 3D TV and filmmaking.”
The event will feature a series of exclusive screenings and in depth Q&A including:
- Josh Hollander shares a showcase of Pixar’s 3D work
- Mark Brownlow of BBC Earth - Hidden Kingdoms (on TV in 2D now - first chance to see the 3D version)
- Brian May's The Diableries, a 20 year journey to assemble the treasured collection of 1860’s
- A case study of Man of Steel with Legend3D Creative Director/Stereo VFX Supervisor Jared Sandrew
- 'The Rare and Amazing History of 3D' with Cinema Historian Ian Christie
- A Sky Sports special presentation
- Restoration of lost 3D films from the 1950's with Buzz Hays
- Also in attendance will be Jim Chabin - President of the International 3D Society
“Ravensbourne is absolutely delighted to be working with the 3D and Advanced Imaging Society again on this years Summit. With a wealth of fantastic new films and TV content produced over the last year, the two day event will be full of exciting sessions and debates.”
Carrie Wootten, Head of Commercial Development, Ravensbourne
Date: 12-13 March 2014
Location: BFI, Belvedere Rd, South Bank, London SE1 8XT
Engage: Twitter Facebook
Press enquiries: Rachel White at Brick London | email@example.com | +44 07969290808