The Pre-sessional English Programme is aimed at international students wishing to develop their English language skills before starting their main course of study at Ravensbourne.
The programme is aimed at international students who:
- have already met the English language entry requirements but want to explore the use of English in an academic context.
The programme is designed to:
- assist students in developing their English Language skills needed to undertake a course of study at Ravensbourne; and
- assist students in developing both the cultural and academic skills necessary to effectively learn through the medium of English; and
- introduce students to life in London and to British culture; and
- give students an insight into the British academic environment before starting at Ravensbourne.
Accommodation is not included in the programme, however we can provide guidance with your research. Please contact the International team directly through our enquiry form choosing the 'International student information' option as the main subject of enquiry.
Please be aware that all students are required to have overseas travel/medical insurance to cover themselves whilst staying in London.
In addition to the main course entry requirements, all applicants must be proficient at CEFR Level B1/B2 equivalent to at least IELTS 4.0 for Further Education and 5.5 for Undergraduate and Postgraduate study in each of the four sub-components of language learning: reading, speaking, writing and listening, unless otherwise exempt by Ravensbourne.
All applications to join the pre-sessional programme must be received in full by Monday, 23 May 2016.
Who is eligible to apply for the Pre-sessional English Programme?
- Applicants who have failed to meet Ravensbourne’s minimum English language requirements but have achieved the UKVI minimum score through presenting an SELT (please refer to the IELTS equivalency chart for more information); or
- Applicants who have provided an SELT certificate which was acquired 12 months or more prior to applying to study at Ravensbourne; or
- Applicants who have met our English language requirements through presenting an SELT certificate but wish to attend a contextualised English programme; or
- Applicants exempt by Ravensbourne.
All applicants must provide an approved English language test meeting the minimum UKVI requirements taken at an SELT approved test centre.
For a list of UKVI approved SELT test centres please click here.
4-week programme: 01 August 2016 - 26 August 2016
Pre-sessional enhancement session to be held at Ravensbourne 30 August 2016 - 5 September 2016 (Undergraduates only).
Programme: £1,400 inclusive of all teaching and examination fees (there may be supplementary charges for external activities and course materials)
Payment of the pre-sessional programme must be made in full along with a deposit of at least 50% of the main course fee directly to Ravensbourne before the application deadline date 23 May 2016.
For more information on how to pay click here.
The programme is based on 22 hours per week of classroom based teaching, enrichment activities and tutorial support.
Westminster Kingsway College (Soho Centre)
Nearest Underground Stations
Piccadilly Circus - 5 mins walk (Piccadilly Line, Bakerloo Line)
Leicester Square - 7 mins walk (Piccadilly Line, Northern Line)
Oxford Circus - 9 mins walk (Central Line, Bakerloo Line, Victoria Line)
When do I need to apply for my Tier 4 (General) student visa?
If your application is successful and once you have paid your fees in full, we will issue you with a single Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) for both the pre-sessional course and your main course of study by 20 June 2016.
Once we have issued your CAS you can apply for your visa.
Your CAS is valid for up to six months, however you cannot apply for your visa more than three months before the start date of your course.
How do I apply for admissions?
Please click here to apply now!