Want a Mentor?
Are you new to Uni and finding it hard to acclimatise? Do you find it challenging to prioritise work when you are hitting deadlines? Is it difficult for you to ask for support from your tutors or to admit to yourself that you are finding it hard to cope? Or could you just do with a friendly and constructive chat with someone who has been there and done it? Don’t panic, help is at hand. We are offering you the chance to have one-on-one support from one of our trained Ravensbourne postgraduate Mentors.
We will select a mentor who best fits your particular needs and will offer you up to six mentoring sessions.
How would mentoring help me?
The benefits of peer mentoring are well-researched and documented and include:
- Increased ability to bounce back after set-backs
- Building confidence
- Maximising academic and professional success
- Encouraging self reflection and greater self awareness
- Helping you on your journey from school or college to university
- Helping with the transition to a new city or country
If you are interested in becoming a mentor please complete the online application form or if you would like to know about the scheme and the benefits of mentoring, please email Alberto Villanueva on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07519 673121
- Mentoring Q and A page click here
- Application form here
- PG Mentor programme here
The mentoring team have put a short video together to tell you what to expect.