For their interview, applicants should be ready to discuss a few (no more than 4) examples of their design work showing evidence of:
- sketching and planning projects - this might include some rough hand-drawings of ideas from a sketchbook or detailed technical drawings;
- experimentation with different forms and design processes - this might include images (photographs or videos) of experiments with coding, drawing, painting, sculpting, or 3D printing;
- skill with making: images (photographs or videos) of finished projects;
- research and curiosity: this might include images (photographs or videos) of related or inspirational designs and art projects.
This work would have been completed as part of:
- A Levels
- Art & Design Foundation (FE)
- BTECor independently outside of any curriculum.
We will consider a wide range of applicants who show independent learning and creative process and expect to teach the core technical skills such as useful maths and the fundamentals of coding when they join the course. You don’t need to be an expert in Maths and Computing, although we highly value some experience in those areas.