What is Clearing?
Clearing is a part of the UCAS process and a way for universities or colleges to fill any spaces they have on their courses.
What is UCAS Extra?
UCAS Extras is now closed for 2016 but you may be eligible for Clearing. For more information please see below or visit the UCAS website.
Am I eligible for clearing at Ravensbourne?
Ravensbourne can make you an offer of a place to study if you meet these four conditions:
- You have not accepted any other offer made by any other university or college.
- You know your grades or points achieved at both level 2 (GCSE) and level 3 (A-Levels, BTECs, etc) study, or have alternative qualifications and relevant life skills.
- The grades, points or other qualifications you have achieved meet our entry requirements.
- It is helpful if you have already registered with UCAS in advance of contacting us at Ravensbourne.
Please read the UCAS Clearing page.
When does clearing start?
Clearing starts in early July and continues up until late October.
However, you will need to wait until you receive your exam results before you can apply through Clearing.
In 2016, A-level results day arrive on 18 August. For Scottish Higher and Advanced Higher the results are released on 9 August.
How do I register with UCAS ?
All applications for full-time undergraduate clearing courses must be made via UCAS.
- Go to the UCAS applications page and select "2016 courses"
- Create an account on UCAS, which will generate a Clearing Reference Number (CRN) and a UCAS Personal Identification Number (PIN). You need both to make an application with us.
- Once you have your CRN and UCAS PIN, check our course listing and choose, then call us straight away.
- If there are still vacancies and you meet the entry criteria and conditions, we will complete an application form on your behalf and offer you a place to study. However, if there are only one or two places left or your application requires further consideration we will pass your application to an academic for further assessment.
- Once your application has been assessed, we will confirm our decision via e-mail. You have until midnight the same day to confirm your Clearing choice on UCAS Track. If you have any problems confirming on UCAS Track, please contact UCAS directly.
Ravensbourne's Clearing 2016 phoneline is now open: call us on 020 3040 3991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to talk with one of our friendly team.
Which courses are in clearing?
Go to the Clearing course list for the most up-to-date information.
What if I can't get through on the phone?
Clearing is a highly busy time for Ravenbourne and we appreciate that a busy-dialling tone can cause you stress. We are there for you, if you can not get through on the phone, email us on email@example.com and remember to include all the required information as detailed on our Clearing page.
What do I say on the phone?
This is a big decision so do your homework and be prepared. Research what courses are available and which is most likely to meet your needs before you pick up the phone. When you call, have your UCAS ID and course preference choices to hand.
If this course is in Clearing does that mean it is a bad course?
Ravensbourne has a target intake for each course but holds a certain amount of places each year for Clearing. This is so we can capture the high calibre of students that may have missed the original UCAS deadline, didn't apply at all, or have simply changed their minds about their first-choice.